The Adventures of Richard Hannay & Short Stories by John Buchan
Richard Hannay is a modern knight errant. Charging through a hypocritical world, he is a seeker after truth with a boundless love of nature, a liking for simple pleasures and a hatred of pettiness and snobberies. In this marvellous collection we see Hannay grow from the bored colonial ex-engineer of The Thirty-Nine Steps, via the extraordinarily ingenious and resourceful spy who penetrates the Turkish hinterland in Greenmantle, into the world-weary yet still determined and heroic brigadier general of Mr Standfast. The five novels – The Thirty-Nine Steps, Greenmantle, Mr Standfast, The Three Hostages and The Island of Sheep – trace Richard Hannay’s life from his first encounter with espionage and war up until his later life as a man of means and title.
This superb collection comes complete with the uniformly bound Stories. These eighteen stories were all published between 1896 -1932 and were selected from the three volume set ‘The Complete Short Stories’ published in 1996.
- Folio Society First Impression No. 1138
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 2003, 2008
- Cloth Hardback
- Illustrations by Nick Hardcastle.
- Size 200 x 130mm, 4.2kg
Condition: Fine – Superb Unmarked Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.