A Walk to the Western Isles by Frank Delaney
This travel book retraces Samuel Johnson and James Boswell's journey through Scotland and its Western Isles in the autumn of 1773. The book is a walk in the company of these two men, telling in some part the history of Scotland in the 18th century and today, of the people of the Highlands and islands then and now, their history, their whisky distilleries, the Loch Ness monster, their literature and songs, their food and hospitality, their lochs and harbours and sea-sounds – all observed via a stream of anecdotes. Johnson's book "A Journey to the Western Isles of Scotland" and Boswell's book "Journal of a Tour of the Hebrides with Samuel Johnson" are compared throughout.
- Publisher HarperCollins, London; 1993
- Burgundy Cloth Hardback, 308pp
- With 24 pages of full colour photographs
- Size 240 x 160mm, 975g
- ISBN 0 246 13745 2
Condition: Very Good – Good Unclipped DJ, No Inscriptions, Very Good Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – "The books you want…from sellers you can trust", www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund