A Traveller’s Christmas
A Traveller’s Christmas, ‘an anthology’. Folio Society compilation of accounts of Christmas spent abroad. From a whole range of authors: from artists, explorers and diplomats; from locations spanning the entire planet. With contributions by Tolstoy; Washington Irving; Noel Coward; Shelley; Paul Theroux; Richard Burton; Dostoevsky; Alice B Toklas; Rommel; Solzhenitsyn – and many others. Sections include: Home and Away; Christmas at Sea; In Foreign Lands; Seasonal Feasts and Entertainments; The Back of Beyond; In Time of War and Other Perils. With retro style full colour illustrations by Paul Slater. Introduced and edited by Sue Bradbury.
- Folio Society First Impression No. 1329
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 2006
- Three Quarter Red Cloth Hardback, 287 pp
- Illustrated by Paul Slater
- Size 240 x 160mm, 1.2kg
Condition: Fine – Superb Unmarked Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.