A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
Issued to commemorate the 200th anniversary of Dickens birth.
Dickens’s one serious, un-comic novel, A Tale Of Two Cities, is set during the French Revolution and tells a story of unselfish devotion. The beautiful Lucy Manette marries Charles Darnay, the descendant of an aristocratic French family denounced by the revolutionaries, among whom are the memorably evil and fanatical Mme. Defarge. When Darnay is arrested and condemned to death, his place is taken at the guillotine by Sidney Carton, who loves Lucy himself and is willing to die to secure her happiness (and who happens to resemble Darnay). His last words–“‘Tis a far, far better thing that I do than I have ever done…”–have become nearly as famous as the novel itself, one of Dickens’s most beloved works despite its sober subject matter.
- Folio Society
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 2012
- Quarter Buckram Hardback, 363 pp
- Illustrated by Phiz
- Size 250 x 160mm, 1.4kg
Condition: Brand New – Still In Original Unopened Cellophane Wrap
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.