The Diary and Correspondence of Ralph Thoresby F.R.S.
The Diary and Correspondence of Ralph Thoresby F.R.S. Author of the Topography of Leeds (1677-1724.) by the Rev. Joseph Hunter F.S.A. Complete in Two Volumes, 1830
Letters of Eminent Men, Addressed to Ralph Thoresby F.R.S. Now First Published from the originals complete in two volumes, 1832. Volume IV also contains a General Index, both to the Diary and Correspondence
Ralph Thoresby (1658 – 1724), was born in Leeds and is widely credited with being the first historian of that city. He was besides a merchant, non-conformist, fellow of the Royal Society, diarist, author, common-councilman in the Corporation of Leeds, and museum keeper. The son of John Thoresby, a Leeds merchant who for a time was an officer under Fairfax during the English Civil War, and was by inclination an antiquarian. When the local historical society was launched on 10 July 1889, it was named The Thoresby Society to honour "one of the greatest worthies Leeds had known".
- Publisher Henry Colburn and Richard Bentley, London; 1830 &1832
- Uniformly Bound Original Publisher's Brown Cloth Blind Patterned On Boards Lettered Gilt On Spine, 470, 442, 448, 491+4 pp
- Size 230 x 150 x 160mm, 3.5kg
Condition: Very Good – Rebound at Some Time with New Spine and Original Cloth Recovered, No Inscriprions, Very Good Complete Set
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – "The books you want…from sellers you can trust", www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund