The Royal Shakspere with Introduction by F J Furnivall
Furnivall 's Royal Shakspere was first issued in parts between 1883-84. It was produced in volume form in 1894, subsequently 1898 as here and again in 1905. The present edition is by far the scarcest of the three issues. The text and chronology are those compiled by Professor Nikolaus Delius (1813-1888), Professor of English at the University of Bonn and one of the foremost Shakespearean scholars of his generation. The extended introduction is by F.J. Furnivall, founder and director of the New Shakespere Society. The illustrations are by Bauer, Sherratt and Sharpe (among many others) after illustrations by Green, Richter, Watson and other artists. The series title includes a fine depiction of the Globe Theatre in 1613 engraved by Godfrey after Percival Skelton. The first volume contains a fine 3pp facsimile in red of Shakespeare's will accompanied by a modern transcription. The frontispiece to the third volume also shows the five known autographs of Shakespeare. A nice set in period binding of a notable and important edition.
The Royal Shakespere [Shakespeare]. The Poet's Works in Chronological Order from the Text of Professor Delius. With 'The Two Noble Kinsmen' and 'Edward III' and an Introduction by F.J. Furnivall. Includes Poems and Sonnets.
- Publisher Cassell and Company Ltd., London; 1898
- Decorated Green Cloth Hardback, 422+8 pp, 574+8 pp, 494 pp
- Contains 48 Superb Engraved Plates
- Size 260 x 190 x 110mm, 3.8 kg
Condition: Good – No Dust Jackets, Rubbing To Edges, Slight Foxing To Endleaves, No Inscriptions, Good Set
5 GOOD REASONS TO BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Top Quality Books – I always try to source the best to ensure you keep coming back to me.
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – "The books you want…from sellers you can trust", www.ioba.org