3 Volume Silas Hocking Collection
Silas Kitto Hocking (1850 – 1935) was a Cornish novelist and Methodist preacher. In 1870 he was ordained as a minister. Working in different parts of England over the next few years, he wrote his first novel, Alec Green, while living in Liverpool in 1878. It was, however, with his second novel that he won great fame; Her Benny, a story of the street children of Liverpool. This sold over a million copies. All in all he wrote fifty books.
This collection contains;
- His Father, or, A Mother's Legacy, c.1886, 346+6cat pp
- Dick's Fairy, A Tale Of The Streets and other Stories, c.1887, 258+20cat pp
- Where Duty Lies, 1892, 359pp
- Publisher Frederick Warne & Co., London; c.1887
- Red, Green, and Blue, Decorated Cloth Hardbacks with Gilt Page Edges
- With Original Illustrations by Dalziel and Harrold Copping
- Size 190 x 130 x 80mm, 1.5kg
Condition: Good – No Dust Jackets, Worn Corners, Presentation Lables in His Father and Dick's Fairy, Foxing To Endpapers in His Father and Dick's Fairy , Good Set
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – "The books you want…from sellers you can trust", www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund