1066 And All That by Walter Carruthers Sellar & Robert Julian Yeatman
The book is a parody of the Whiggish style of history teaching in English schools at the time, in particular of Our Island Story. It purports to contain “all the history you can remember”, and, in fifty-two chapters, covers the history of England from Roman times through 1066 “and all that”, up to the end of World War I, at which time “America was thus clearly Top Nation, and history came to a .” (This last chapter is titled “A Bad Thing”; the final pun even requires the English term “full stop”, rather than the American “period”, to work.) It is based on the idea that history is what you can remember and is full of examples of half-remembered facts
- Folio Society Sixth Impression No. 673
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 1993
- Brown Paper Covered Boards Hardback, 116 pp
- Illustrated by John Reynolds
- Size 200 x 130mm, 550g
Condition: Fine – Superb Unmarked Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.