/4 Volumes Complete Masterpieces of Maupassant Heron Books 1968
Masterpieces of Guy de Maupassant
Henri René Albert Guy de Maupassant (1850-1893) was a popular 19th-century French writer, considered one of the fathers of the modern short story and one of the form's finest exponents. A protégé of Flaubert, Maupassant's stories are characterized by their economy of style and efficient, effortless dénouement. Many of the stories are set during the Franco-Prussian War of the 1870s and several describe the futility of war and the innocent civilians who, caught in the conflict, emerge changed.
I Pierre et Jean and other stories
Comprises Pierre et Jean, Ball of Fat (Boule de Suif), Yvette, Madame Tellier's Excursion (La Maison Tellier), The Olive Grove (Le Champ d'Oliviers).
II Une Vie or The History of a Heart and other stories
Comprises Une Vie, Mademoiselle Fifi, Moonlight, Miss Harriet, Toine, The String, A Mesalliance, The Umbrella
III Bel Ami or the History of a Scoundrel and other stories
Comprises Bel Ami, The Horla, An Enthusiast, Francesca and Carlotta Rondoli, Bed no. 29, Paul's Mistress, The Old Maid.
IV Fort Comme La Mort or The Ruling Passion and other stories
Comprises Fort Comme la Mort, Useless Beauty, That Pig of a Morin, A Normandy Joke, The Story of a Farm Girl, The Victim.
- Publisher Heron Books, London; 1968
- Green Faux Leather Hardback with Yellow Bookmark, 379, 365, 361, 368 pp
- Single Frontis Portrait in Each Volume
- Size 185 x 115mm, 1.7kg
Condition: Very Good - No Dust Jackets, No Inscriptions, Very Good Set
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery - I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging - I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA - "The books you want...from sellers you can trust", www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed - If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund