Greatest Masterpieces Of Russian Literature 34 Volumes (+3)

Greatest Materpieces Of Russian Literature 34+3 Volumes

The works of Russia’s golden age of prose literature were written against a background of czarist autocracy. Falling generally within the realist framework, the masterworks of this era exhibit a strong bent toward mysticism, brooding introspection, and melodrama. Nineteenth century Czarist Russia—with its immense economic, ethnic, and religious disparities—produced some of the finest novels ever created by the human imagination. Authors such as Leo Tolstoy, Fyodor Dostoevsky and Ivan Turgenev, writing during a period of incredible political repression and artistic censorship, left the world a cast of indelible characters and a wealth of powerful themes and revolutionary ideas that continue to intrigue, perplex, entertain and inspire us today.

Mikhail Bulgakov. The Master and Margarita
Anton Chekhov. Stories: I.
Anton Chekhov. Stories: II.
Anton Chekhov. The Cherry Orchard.
Fyodor Dostoevsky. The Brothers Karamazov. Complete two volume set.
Fyodor Dostoevsky. Crime and Punishment.
Fyodor Dostoevsky. The House of the Dead.
Fyodor Dostoevsky. The Idiot.
Fyodor Dostoevsky. Letters from the Underworld.
Fyodor Dostoevsky. Poor Folk. with, The Gambler.
Fyodor M. Dostoevsky. The Possessed. Complete two volume set.
Nikolay Gogol. Dead Souls.
Nikolay Gogol. Taras Bulba.
Ivan Goncharov. Oblomov.
Maxim Gorky. The Artamonov Business.
Maxim Gorky. Foma Gordyeeff.
Maxim Gorky. The Spy.
Maxim Gorky. Through Russia: A Book of Stories.
Alexander Kuprin. Tales.
Mikhail Yurevich Lermontov. A Hero of Our Time.
Nikolai Leskov. Selected Tales.
Alexander Pushkin. The Captain’s Daughter and Other Stories – Queen of Spades.
N.E. Shchedrin. The Golovlyov Family.
Alexander Solzhenitsyn. The First Circle.
Leo N. Tolstoy. Anna Karenina. Complete two volume set.
Leo Tolstoy. The Cossacks. and, The Raid.
Leo Tolstoy. Resurrection.
Ivan S. Turgenev. Fathers and Sons. with, Liza.
Ivan Turgenev. The Hunting Sketches.
Ivan Turgenev. Smoke.
Ivan Turgenev. Virgin Soil.

Also issued was;
Leo Tolstoy. War and Peace: 1, 2, 3. Complete three volume set. (BLUE, gilt bindings).
I have never seen this set in the Red Covers, if you have please let me know.

Browse Heron Books For Sale

If you have a Set or Part Set For Sale, why not email me at; sales@hcbooksonline.com

19 Responses to “Greatest Masterpieces Of Russian Literature 34 Volumes (+3)”

1. admin January 6, 2016 at 6:21 am #

Please email me with further details including a full list of titles to sales @hcbooksonline.com

2. admin December 18, 2015 at 2:14 am #

It is the same set, you will find Oblomov under the author Goncharev

3. Eric Campbell December 17, 2015 at 10:14 pm #

I have a red set, but mine contains Oblomov. Am I looking at a different set?

4. Becki December 6, 2015 at 1:27 pm #

Hi I have a full set of greatest masterpieces of russian literature. The books are in great condition I don’t think they have even been read. Do you know how much they’re worth?
    Kind regards,

Becki

5. admin June 29, 2015 at 9:17 am #

Hi
    Many thanks for your enquiry, I am only purchasing complete collections at this time.
    If you want to complete your collection I can offer two options, I have many good copies of all the titles and many lower cost copies of the titles with faded spines and perhaps some slight staining. If you are interested please let me know by emailing me at sales@hcbooksonline.com

6. Devadatta June 29, 2015 at 6:49 am #

Hi, I have 8 books from this set. I’m open to buying the other to (hopefully) complete the set; and also to selling the books that I have if that helps someone to complete their set. Five of the eight books are in excellent condition, three are missing the red binding only on the spine side (front and back covers are intact).

Do let me know how we can go about this.

7. admin May 29, 2015 at 11:58 am #

Always interested in good quality collections please send details and where the books can be viewed to sales@hcbooksonline.com

8. admin May 29, 2015 at 11:55 am #

Always interested in good quality complete collection please email the details and where the books may be viewed to sales@hcbooksonline.com

9. Warren May 20, 2015 at 7:53 am #

Ive got this complete set in red and looks to be as new and unread.

10. admin January 7, 2014 at 7:54 am #

Many thanks for your enquiry, I am only purchasing collections in unmarked condition at this moment in time.

11. Leonie January 7, 2014 at 4:44 am #

I have a few old books of The Greatest Masterpieces of Russian Literature books. They have a few stains on the pages other than that they are in excellent condition.
    I am looking to sell them. I have listed below the names of the books that I have.
    Leskov – Tales
    Tolstoy – Anna Karenina – Vol 1 and 2
    Turgenev – Fathers and Sons
    Goncharov – Oblomov
    Pushkin – The Captains Daughter, The Queen of Spades
    Gorky – Through Russia
    Dostoevsky – The Brothers Kzaramazov – Vol 1 and 2
    Dostoevsky – Crime and Punishment
    Tolstoy – War and Peace

Regards Leonie

12. admin September 21, 2013 at 12:33 pm #

Many thanks for your enquiry, can you let me know where in the UK the books are located? Please reply to my email address; sales@hcbooksonline.com

13. Gordon Bell September 13, 2013 at 10:19 am #

Dear Sir,
    Yes I have the complete set of 36 novels which includes Tolstoy’s War & Peace. I purchased these in monthly instalments in 1974 and acquiredthe set within a few months. It’s a beautiful set and, although some of the gold tooling on the covers is fading a little most of the volumes are in very good condition and there is no disolouration. The bindings are tight and crisp. This set of fine novels was made to last. I’d be loathe to sell them if the truth be known but I should imagine they would fetch a good price right now especially froma keen collector who loves Russian literature.

14. admin September 9, 2013 at 12:27 am #

Two problems with giving a valuation, one is not actually being able to see the books to assess condition and two lack of knowledge of the Australian market since the shipping costs would exclude exportation.

15. Trish kimball September 8, 2013 at 7:12 pm #

Hello
    I have a full set of this collection all in good condition
    Can you advise the approximate value of this collection

16. admin September 8, 2013 at 4:58 am #

Iis impossible to give a valuation without actually seeing the books since condition is everything. However in this case, there is no real value in these books unless they are a complete collection.

17. Vanessa September 8, 2013 at 1:47 am #

I have 15 of these in the red hardback covers and I am curious to know how much they are worth,

Do you have any idea?

Vanessa Huymans

18. admin June 25, 2011 at 8:51 am #

Many thanks for your input, it is not pedantic in any way, I welcome any additional information, because as you are well aware there is very little documented anywhere about the Heron Books. I have amended my listings accordingley.
    Regards Charles

19. David McAleer June 25, 2011 at 8:19 am #

Hi there,

firstly… nice web site! I’ve been collecting and collating information about Herons (and Folios/Franklins/Eastons!) for some time. Nice to see others with the same interest.

So… having spent many hundreds of £’s and hours trawling the internet, if you’ll forgive me for being pedantic… I believe you have omitted

Mikhail Bulgakov : The Master and Margarita

from your Great Masterpieces of Russian Literature feature. My research indicates that there are 34 volumes in this series.

War & Peace was a strange omission… I assume the 3 book series printed prior to this collection? (although many other titles duplicated in other series).

Hope this helps.