/With Axe and Rifle Kingston Sampson Low c1894
With Axe and Rifle or The Western Pioneers by W H G Kingston
Prolific British writer William Henry Giles Kingston (1814 - 1880) wrote more than 130 adventure stories for boys. B/w illustrations signed by H. Meyer. An adventure set in the early homesteading days of Ohio when new arrivals and indigenous Native American Indians had different notions of proper land use. Narrated in the first person by a young man born in Ohio of Irish immigrants, it is the family's story of venturing further west together with a brave run-away Negro slave.
- Publisher Sampson Low, Marston & Company Limited, London; Undated c.1894
- Illustrated Green Cloth Hardback, 382 pp, +32pp cat
- With B&W Frontis and 22 further superb engravings
- Size 185 x 125mm, 700g
Condition: Good ' No Dust Jacket, Slight Wear To Edges, Slight Foxing To Endleaves, Owners Signature dated 1894, No Inscriptions, Good Copy
5 GOOD REASONS TO BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Top Quality Books - I always try to source the best to ensure you keep coming back to me.
- Superfast Delivery - I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging - I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA - "The books you want...from sellers you can trust", www.ioba.com