/The Antiquary Scott Melrose Edition Jack c1880
The Antiquary by Walter Scott
The third of the Waverley Novels is dominated by two old men, Jonathan Oldbuck (the Antiquary of the title) and the beggar Edie Ochiltree. Together they apply their knowledge of the past to sort out the confusion of the present, and in doing so restore the fortunes of ancient houses. This was Scott's favourite among his novels, and presents a quizzical and amusing view of the profession of history and, by implication, of Scott's own practice as writer and collector.
- The Melrose Edition Waverley Novels Volume 3
- Publisher T C & E C Jack, Edinburgh; Undated c.1880
- Quarter Green Leather and Green Silk Covers with Gilt Titles and Decoration, Gilt Page Edges, 360 pp
- Lavishly illustrated (approx. 8 full page illustrations per volume) by a remarkable array of contemporary Scottish and British artists and illustrators
- Size 210 x 140mm, 650g
Condition: Good - No Dust Jacket, Some Loss To Top Of Spine, Fading To Spine, Slight Foxing To Endpages, No Inscriptions, Good Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Top Quality Books - I always try to source the best to ensure you keep coming back to me.
- Superfast Delivery - I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging - I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA - "The books you want...from sellers you can trust", www.ioba.org