/St Ronan's Well Scott Melrose Jack c1880
St. Ronan's Well by Walter Scott
Set in Scotland, at the beginning of the 19th century, Scott's story turns its back upon the wars waging on the world's stage and presents a regency comedy of humours. Meg Dodd, a sentimental virago, keeps a run-down inn in a derelict Tweedale village while the young Laird is living way beyond his means. When a nearby mineral spring becomes a spa, life changes, as a post-office, a hotel and a troop of social climbers move in. In a climate of tantrums, black humour, theatricals, gaming and duels, the plot unfolds.
- The Melrose Edition Waverley Novels Volume 17
- Publisher T C & E C Jack, Edinburgh; Undated c.1880
- Quarter Green Maroco Leather and Green Silk Covers with Gilt Titles and Decoration, Gilt Page Edges, 380 pp
- Lavishly illustrated (approx. 8 full page illustrations per volume) by a remarkable array of contemporary Scottish and British artists and illustrators
- Size 210 x 140mm, 650g
Condition: Very Good - No Dust Jacket, Slight Loss To Top Of Spine, Slight Foxing To Endpages, No Inscriptions, Very Good Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Top Quality Books - I always try to source the best to ensure you keep coming back to me.
- Superfast Delivery - I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging - I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA - "The books you want...from sellers you can trust", www.ioba.org