/Seven Miles Down Piccard Dietz Heron Books Explorers c1970
Seven Miles Down by Jaques Piccard and Robert S Dietz
Absolutely fascinating account of the bathyscaph descent to the lowest point in the ocean. In 1960, Swiss scientist Jacques Piccard and Navy lieutenant Donald Walsh made history when they descended in the U.S. Navy bathyscaphe Trieste to the bottom of the Mariana Trench. The brave divers were housed in a sphere attached to the bottom of the bathyscaphe's long buoyant tank.
- Heron Books Explorers Series
- Publisher Heron Books, London; c.1970
- Navy Faux Leather Hardback, 249 pp
- Packed with Amazing Photographs
- Size 210 x 130mm, 550g
Condition: Very Good - Unclipped Dust Jacket, No Inscriptions, Very Good Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery - I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging - I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA - "The books you want...from sellers you can trust", www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed - If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund