/Goodbye To All That Robert Graves Folio Society 1981
Goodbye To All That by Robert Graves
In 1929 Robert Graves went to live abroad permanently, vowing 'never to make England my home again'. This is his superb account of his life up until that 'bitter leave-taking': from his childhood and desperately unhappy school days at Charterhouse, to his time serving as a young officer in the First World War that was to haunt him throughout his life. It also contains memorable encounters with fellow writers and poets, including Siegfried Sassoon and Thomas Hardy, and covers his increasingly unhappy marriage to Nancy Nicholson. Goodbye to All That, with its vivid, harrowing descriptions of the Western Front, is a classic war document, and also has immense value as one of the most candid self-portraits of an artist ever written.
- Publisher The Folio Society, London; 1981
- Blue Cloth Hardback With Gilt Title, 295 pp
- Contains some B&W illustrations
- Size 230 x 150 mm, 0.7 kg
Condition: Very Good - No Slipcase, No Inscriptions, Very Good Copy
HCBOOKSONLINE - If You Love Books You Will Love My Website
Visit my eBay Shop where you can see all my listings (Auction and Fixed Price) by Category and Read Updates about what is being listed
If you require any further information please email me.
5 GOOD REASONS TO BID NOW !!!
- UK Postage Included In Price, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Top Quality Books - I always try to source the best to ensure you keep coming back to me.
- Superfast Delivery - I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging - I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA - "The books you want...from sellers you can trust"