/David Copperfield Dickens Chapman Hall c1890
David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
Dickens's heavily autobiographical novel describing a young man's rise in the world is a classic coming-of-age story. David Copperfield, the narrator, is orphaned at a tender age and raised first by his brutal stepfather (who halts his schooling and sends him to work in a factory--as did Dickens's own father), then by a kindly aunt. He trains for a career in law, but eventually becomes a writer. An ill-advised marriage brings him considerable unhappiness, but not long after his wife's death he is reunited with his childhood sweetheart. A sprawling portrait of life in Victorian England, David Copperfield is perhaps Dickens's most popular work, and it contains many of the characters, Mr. Micawber, Uriah Heep, Betsey Trotwood, Steerforth, and Little Emily, who gave Dickens his reputation as the finest literary portraitist of his age.
- Early Cheap Edition with Single Frontis Illustration by Phiz
- Publisher Chapman & Hall Ltd., London; Undated c.1890
- Blue Cloth Hardback with Gilt Titles and Decoration, 533 pp
- Single Frontis Illustration by Phiz
- Size 190 x 130 mm, 650g
Condition: Good - No Dust Jacket, Browning To Pages, No Inscriptions, Good Copy
5 GOOD REASONS TO BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Top Quality Books - I always try to source the best to ensure you keep coming back to me.
- Superfast Delivery - I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging - I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA - "The books you want...from sellers you can trust", www.ioba.com