/Bell's Edition of Shakespeare's Plays Volume V 1774
Shakespeare's Plays Volume V: Twelfth Night, Winters Tale, Julius Caesar, Coriolanus, Timon of Athens
Bell's Edition of Shakespeare's Plays , as they are now performed at the Theatres Royal in London; Regulated from the Prompt Books of each House. By Permission; with Notes Critical and Illustrative; By the Authors of the Dramatic Censor. Volume V containing: Twelfth Night, Winters Tale, Julius Caesar, Coriolanus, Timon of Athens. Recently Professionally Rebound.
"All the plays were paginated and printed separately for the use of playgoers Like that of 1747, this edition (dedicated to Garrick) was accused of being the worst ever published. To be 'damned with faint praise' sometimes proves the best aid to sales, as in this case. It scored a greater success than any previous issue, one week alone witnessing the sale of 800 sets. Doubtless the beautiful copperplates helped the output considerably". (Jaggard, p. 504)
- Publisher John Bell, London; 1774
- Buckram with 5 Raised Bands, Gilt Title, Marbled Boards, 349 pp
- Frontis Illustration for Each Play
- Size 190 x 120mm, 650g
Condition: Very Good - No Dust Jacket, No Inscriptions, Very Good Copy, Recently Professionally Rebound
5 GOOD REASONS TO BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Top Quality Books - I always try to source the best to ensure you keep coming back to me.
- Superfast Delivery - I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging - I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA - "The books you want...from sellers you can trust", www.ioba.org