/A Child's History Of England Charles Dickens Encyclopaedia Britannica c1920
A Child's History Of England by Charles Dickens
Written just after "David Copperfield", at the same time as "Bleak House", and in the engaging and conversational style typical of his most celebrated fiction, Dickens' history of England for children is an undiscovered treasure-trove of a book. Dickens' lovable theatricality, witty observations and compelling narrative give children access to one of England's greatest writers, and to some of the most powerful stories from its past. For adults it offers an engaging reminder of the English history we ought to know. Interesting, informative and accessible, "A Child's History of England" takes its reader on a fascinating journey, from Ancient England and the Romans to Victoria's reign and Dickens' own lifetime. Full of sensational plots, gallant heroes and brutal villains, high adventure and terrible tragedy, it will appeal to anyone who enjoys a good story and some horrible history!
- Part of Special Edition 22 Volume Works of Charles Dickens
- Publisher The Encyclopaedia Britannica Company Limited, London; Undated c.1920
- Quarter Red Morocco Hardback with Gilt Titles and Gilt Page Tops, 326pp
- Superbly Illustrated with 8 Illustrations by Marcus Stone and J Mahony
- Size 220 x 145mm, 900g
Condition: Very Good - No Dust Jacket, Slight Rubbing To Edges, No Inscriptions, Very Good Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery - I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging - I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA - "The books you want...from sellers you can trust", www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed - If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund