/8 Heron Books Women Who Made History c1969
8 Heron Books Women Who Made History
Good Collection from the Heron Books Women Who Made History Series;
- Elizabeth I (1533 -1603) was Queen regnant of England and Queen regnant of Ireland from 17 November 1558 until her death. Sometimes called The Virgin Queen, Gloriana, or Good Queen Bess, Elizabeth was the fifth and last monarch of the Tudor dynasty.
- Emma, Lady Hamilton (1765-1815) who is best remembered as the mistress of Lord Nelson
- Catherine II also known as Catherine the Great was born in Stettin, Pomerania, then Germany on 2 May 1729. She reigned as Empress of Russia from 9 July 1762 until her death (17 November 1796). Under her direct auspices the Russian Empire expanded, improved its administration, and continued to modernize along Western European lines.
- Marie Antoinette Maria Antonia Josepha Johanna; (1755-1793) was an Archduchess of Austria and the Queen of France and of Navarre. At the death of King Louis XV, in May 1774, her husband ascended the throne of France as King Louis XVI, and Marie Antoinette assumed the title of Queen of France and of Navarre.
- Amantine Aurore Lucile Dupin, later Baroness Dudevant (1804-1876), best known by her pseudonym George Sand, was a French writer. She is regarded as the first French woman writer to gain a major reputation.
- Doña María Eugenia Ignacia Augustina de Palafox-Portocarrero de Guzmán y Kirkpatrick, 16th Countess of Teba and 15th Marquise of Ardales; (1826-1920), known as Eugénie de Montijo, was the last Empress consort of the French from 1853 to 1871 as the wife of Napoleon III, Emperor of the French.
- Marie Sklodowska Curie (1867-1934) was a Polish-born French physicist and chemist famous for her work on radioactivity. She was a pioneer in the field of radioactivity and the first person honoured with two Nobel Prizes in physics and chemistry.
- Empress Dowager Tz'u-Hsi (1835-1908), of the Manchu Yehe Nara Clan, was a powerful and charismatic figure who became the de facto ruler of the Manchu Qing Dynasty in China for 47 years from 1861 to her death in 1908.
- Publisher Heron Books, London; Undated c.1969
- Olive Green Faux Leather Hardback with Silk Bookmark
- Superbly Illustrated
- Size 205 x 120mm, 5kg
Condition: Good - No Dust Jackets, Fading To Gilding, No Inscriptions, Internally Very Good
5 GOOD REASONS TO BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Top Quality Books - I always try to source the best to ensure you keep coming back to me.
- Superfast Delivery - I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging - I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA - "The books you want...from sellers you can trust", www.ioba.org